switching things up


I bought a small wreath embroidery kit from Posie Gets Cozy (Alicia Paulson) and have been working on it slowly. It is really nice to have something in my hands at times I want to create but can't get to the sewing studio. I am farther along than it shows, but not finished yet. I will keep detailing my progress. I can't recall embroidering before, though I have cross stitched (which I am not fond of) and I frequently hand quilt small and large projects, which I am fond of! So, it is really not that hard to follow her instructions, or if I need a little more guidance (really, images of certain stitches), then I reference a book I have or look up a quick yt video to be clear. 

    I recently moved the smaller wood bookcase into this room, and moved the taller one to the left. I moved out a larger piece (the corner from our sectional) into the living room. This simple change seems to make a large difference in the light/dark levels of the room but also the scale and balance. Far from my perfect vision of floor to ceiling bookshelves or even better built ins, this is giving me a little more space for books at the present. I really like the direction this room is going.


Here is another view, from the right side of the room - my books mostly on top, with some photo albums and toys the bottom two rows. I have been unsettled with this current arrangement for the long term but it works well for the short term. 



I know this last image is a bit blurry, but it's a good placeholder for what the dining room looks like now. Blue/pink/cream rug lightens the room. On our to do list for this year is to paint the rest of the walls 'brook green' -- right now only the far wall is that as an accent. But it is light enough that I want the rest of the room to reflect the color as well. The flag quilt, made by my sil as a gift for my husband, is destined to be hung somewhere, but I haven't been able to decide thus far which wall it will grace! 
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Guess who knows how to embroider and could answer your questions?
Lisa said…
A flag quilt! Lovely. Everything looks nice and neat. :)

Popular Posts