a few notes from November

good week:

playing with lots of cars, trucks, and trains :: reading books :: drawing and coloring :: music on CD player :: curious george dvd and cars the movie :: finished 2 puzzles recently (one Jane Austen's World) and the one above, a Charles Wysocki. 

good reading:

finished The Morville Hours by Katherine Swift (English garden memoir in format of liturgy of the hours, of sorts) - excellent

reading A Failure of Nerve 

The Year and Our Children (Mary Reed Newland) and about 5 others

close to finishing my 5x5 for this year

planning my 5x5 (or 8x5?) for 2024

good listening:

The Platters 

Advent in the Sistine Chapel CD from the library

good cleaning and organizing:

slowly bringing in Advent books and rotating out others

good eating:

husband made me eggs and gf toast this morning paired with coffee (1 cup) then tea (2 cups and counting) :: above photo (with tree and buildings) from a date with my husband where we had good coffee and a cafe sandwich and chips :: (below) chocolate chip oat cookies which are a big hit






Comments

Ashley said…
Those chocolate chip cookies look amazing!
Lisa said…
Rosemary, when you speak of 5x5, are you referring to the Schole Sisters reading challenges? It certainly seems a way to really learn properly about a subject, and if I didn't always try to follow the Literary Life challenge, I would try it.
At the library where I work, we have puzzles for checkout. We have a multitude of them, all donations, but since COVID they are popular, so it's nice. And lots of Charles Wysocki's. Many of which look the same to me (LOL), but not all. :)
Rosemary said…
Ashley, yes they were amazing!

Lisa, Yes the schole' sisters reading challenge! I am going to write an upcoming post about the best books I read this year as well as what I think I want to read next year. I have only recently heard about the LL challenge - I have never listened to that podcast.
I had about 6 puzzles at home that had been picked up here and there - my winter goal is to complete them one at a time, then be able to choose one at my library.
catie said…
Rosemary, your blog is so aesthetically pleasing! I love your format of focusing on what is GOOD lately... and the fall "vibes" in the photos... especially the recurring brick/autumn leaves color. I've never heard of Charles Wysocki puzzles and will have to check them out because the finished puzzle is BEAUTIFUL. I'm so eager to know what your ideas are for the 8x5! 💕

Popular Posts