broken


It's been a long few weeks, folks...lots of things going on (lots of things breaking: straightener, toaster, husband's car), but most importantly, no computer working at home with which to blog. Mine is only 3.5 years old, but according to my techie friends, that is considered ancient. So, I'm on the lookout for a (probably) new laptop. Any suggestions? I currently have an HP and enjoy it, but will survey feedback.

I'm borrowing my parents' computer, so I can provide you with some images of my beautiful and bountiful garden. Lots of stress lately, so the garden is a quiet refuge in the evenings. Lately, we have been harvesting lots of lettuce, peas, and broccoli. We see baby tomatoes, pumpkins, tomatillos. Beets are touch and go and more radishes are coming up. It's practically a full time job! Here are some images:


salad greens (mostly mesclun mix)


sugar snap peas


left garden: lots and lots of tomatoes (many varieties) and tomatillos (all reseeded themselves from last year), reseeded pumpkins (lots of blossoms), zucchini, eggplant (three or four varieties), sunflowers (in background), red onions, basil, marigolds, and sweet peas


right garden: radishes, carrots (in foreground), tomatillos (40 plants combined), some tomatoes (36 plants combined), cucumbers, sweet and hot peppers, eggplant, purple broccoli, green broccoli, brussels sprouts, purple cabbage, red onions, sweet peas, lettuce greens (not in photo), fennel (from neighbor) and beets


I will try to be back sooner than later with more updates!

Comments

Kaylen said…
Current life stresses - bummer.

New garden pictures - glorious.

Seriously. I'm here if you need ANYTHING - whether a chauffeur or a hand in the garden. I am literally doing nothing. I currently have three babysitting jobs lined up for June, along with some wedding appointments. But that's it. So please, put me to work! I'm so close!

As for laptops. I have a Dell and it's still pumping along, after five years or so. I've had to replace the battery at least three times and gotten a new charger once before, too. My dad had to completely wipe it when it got a virus from an Indianapolis website last year. So it's a hardy laptop, but it's big and bulky and I've had to replace parts of it.

Pete has a Mac and he loves it. I'm still on the fence about it, though...even though I have an iPhone and love it. I just don't know...

Popular Posts