much of 23

 good year:

I fell of the blogging wagon but have renewed interest in making a weekly or every other week post with just a few photos and a few written updates. This year I had high hopes for my outdoor gardens and lots of playdates but found myself in physical therapy twice a week most months. The benefit of pt has been spending time with my parents a lot and sharing meals. I am thinking of a few modest garden ideas for 2024. The daffodils are filling in some gaps and were birthday gifts two years in a row. 

 We took a few short trips - one to see our goddaughter's First Holy Communion, and another to a state park then visiting friends who live about 2 hours away.  

My sister and I saw a nice exhibit at the art museum and had a nice time for lunch and chatting.

 I participated in a day-long silent retreat put on by the Carmelites. It was structured with Adoration, confession, lunch, and and ending Mass, but otherwise we were free to roam the grounds and sleep (beds were available!), read, walk, pray, etc. How needed. 

Hand quilting a quilt which I expect will take most of next year as I work very slowly on this. I think the winter is a good time for it. I also took a brief quilt retreat twice (winter early in the year and fall) where I could work uninterrupted on a few projects. I have also been embroidering a little and tried to teach myself a little watercolor in the form of beginning nature journaling.

good reading:

close to finishing my 5x5 for this year, 74+ books. I will write a book recap post later

good listening:

U2 The Joshua Tree :: Gin Blossoms - New Miserable Experience

good cleaning and organizing:

took a short break but making notes for next round of decluttering and organization (especially basement) and general cleaning goals for the main floor that I have neglected due to being out of the house so much.

good eating:

mostly at home on a basic but unofficial meal rotation and seeking some new recipe ideas to add some variety (especially slow cooker) :: earlier in the year I made a lot of a microwave keto (no sugar, almond flour) English muffin in a mug :: patriotic toast for 4 July.







Comments

Popular Posts